Hiram House Camp is located on Hiram Trail, the eastern extension of Harvard Road in Moreland Hills in eastern Cuyahoga County. The camp has its roots in the Hiram House social settlement that was located on Orange Avenue on the edge of Cleveland’s Cedar-Central district. Beginning in the 1890s, it operated various camps at outlying farms and fairgrounds, drawing inspiration from the “Fresh Air” movement. In the early 20th century it started the present camp in Moreland Hills. Hiram House served an increasingly African American population after the Great Migration that commenced in the late 1910s. The original house closed in 1941, but the camp in Moreland Hills persisted.
Additional information coming soon.