Located on Riverview Road in the Brecksville Reservation of the Cleveland Metroparks, Chippewa Valley Camp was home to the Playhouse Settlement (Karamu House)’s summer camp from 1923 to 1947. The camp was part of a broader collaboration between the Cleveland Metropolitan Park Board and the Cleveland Welfare Federation.
Additional information coming soon.
- Raponi, Richard. “The Playhouse Settlement Summer Camp.” Cleveland Historical. clevelandhistorical.org/items/show/701.